Monday, July 10, 2017

July 1776

I wanted to do an art journal page in celebration of the recent Independence Day holiday.  I wanted to make this page very blingy with lot of embossing to commemorate these United States in which we live.  It seems as with other holidays, the meaning is getting lost.  It's not about picnics and fireworks, but those these are the part of the celebration of our freedom.  So many sacrifices were made so we may enjoy the freedom we have, and that is the meaning behind this page.  If had more room, I would have added some quotes from George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson.

I started by painting my page with a coat of gesso, then added the deep dark acrylic blue paint.  I continued with stamping the fireworks with different flourish stamps I have in my stash and embossing them with iridescent and glittered embossing powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang, Zing and Ranger.  I mixed red and black embossing powder for a distressed look on the word July.  I love how that came out!  I decided to add some stickers I also had in my stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment